RJM Construction completed renovations to the historic Colwell Building in downtown Minneapolis.
The building was erected in 1909 and converted into a parking garage and office space in the 1930’s.
To make the building more tenant-friendly, the lobby was expanded and windows were added to increase natural lighting. RJM worked to obtain a variance allowing the modifications to the historic structure. Window openings were cut into the building prior to installation, offering prospective tenants a view into the new vision for the building.
The project also used terrazzo floors, tin ceiling, Edison bulbs, and charred wood fronts, adding charm and restoring the building back to its original state.