Loose Wiles Building
Originally constructed in 1911, the Loose Wiles Building has undergone a transformation in appreciation of its history.
Located in the historic North Loop district of Minneapolis, the project required governing approvals by city, state, and federal agencies. It was RJM’s responsibility to carefully monitor the schedule and remain flexible while the plans worked through the approval process.
The renovation included elevator upgrades, restored wood floors, modern finishes and a fitness center with adjacent locker rooms. The team also built a new street entrance, requiring substantial reinforcement on the lower level of the building. A large mural in the lobby is a replica of a design used by Loose Wiles on containers that held biscuits produced within the building, nearly 100 years ago.